Thursday, March 26, 2009


D was NOT happy about his new baby brother. He was livid.

D has Aspergers Syndrome and it is really hard for him to understand other peoples motivation. He only see how actions effect him. Even tho he and I are close, he felt that the new baby would replace him. We are still working it out, but he is coming to terms with it.

Of course, K was mad for about 2 minutes then she was over it and thinking up silly names for the baby. She is so like me.

The age difference will be an issue I think. It will be hard for them to share me after so long. They are so close, only 18 months apart, they don't remember a time with the other wasn't there. Now, a little stranger is about to show up. A needy, adorable baby. While they are angsty and going through their awkward stages.

At 13 D is all arms and legs. He's tall, naturally, and a very solitary person. He has few friends and loves computer games and bioincles. His braces are already off and he is a good-looking guy, but hates anyone to bring it up. He does well academically if not socially.

At nearly 12, K is a dramatic, funny, wild child. She has a sharp wit and picks up everything just like a sponge. She is a mini me, and wonder of wonders, she is actually proud of that fact. Well, for now. She does give me a hard time about my "too blond hair" and "getting a lot bigger". How is possible to want to hug and ground your child at the same time?

I am very interested to see how this goes. I pray every day to make the best choices for everyone in my family. Sometimes I think I was too hard on my own mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment