Friday, July 3, 2009

Liam Sean McConaghy 06/26/09!

Liam Sean McConaghy born on Friday June 26, 2009 at 8:58 am 7 pounds 6 ounces 20 inches


What a week! I hardly believe that he is finally here. After thinking he'd be terribly early, he came in at a respectable 38 weeks. Good thing, too; he was already 7 pounds 6 oz. I wonder how big he'd have been at 40 weeks:)
Not that it mattered much what with having another c section and all. The c-section itself, not being an emergency this time, was weird. It took so long and was so strangely routine. I hated the spinal block, and the slowly numbing sensation was like being novacained then wrapped in felt. I was also scared to death that I'd fall off that tiny little table. Gag.
It was all totally worth it though. My newest son is so gorgeous. He was in the newborn nursery for quite a while; he was have some trouble breathing but Dad stayed by his side. The hospital is renovating and the L & D floor is all spread out he spent 4 tense hours running back from the nursery to my ever increasingly nervous side. He was the perfect man, as usual.
The only bug in the garden, really, is that I decide against breastfeeding. Between the pain and latching problems I just became overly frustrated. I am not the most patient person and also breastfeeding did not feel natural at all. I decided there are so many ways I want to bond and spend time with my son and forcing him to eat is not one of them! B was totally supportive as always.
I finally escaped the hospital on Monday and the rest of the week has been a blur. A happy blur that is! Recovery has gone well, I feel great and even walked a mile this mornig with Liam in his jogging stroller. In fact I have more energy and vigor than B! He's exhausted. I admit it is a real treat to be the competent calm one for a change.
All in all, I am in Heaven. I don't think I have ever been so happy. My life is so full of joy and I thank God for his grace everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment